Food & Drinks

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fall Time Office Lunch


Fall is definitely in the air. It's 45 degrees here, windy and chilly. We had some unusually warm weather for a few weeks (which I'm not complaining about) and now the chill in the air is really starting to get me thinking of some yummy fall foods to create.

Sweet Potato Quiche Cups
*Picture courtesty of lafujimama.com*

Today for lunch I brought in a sweet potato quiche cup that I made. I got the recipe here. I switched up the ingredients to reflect what I had on had. Which meant I omitted the ricotta, added a touch of milk and fat free Greek yogurt (my favorite is Fage Greek Yogurt 0%), and substituted in tarragon for the original basil. Otherwise, pretty close. It turned out so yummy!

*These are mine - not as pretty as lafujimama, but I don't have a great camara*

And as far as soup goes, I appreciate simplicity. Progresso makes a wide range of healthy soups that I really love. Today was the Vegetable Classics Hearty Tomato. Just a sprinkle of some pepper and I'm good to go. I love that I can throw a can of soup into my purse and have half a can for lunch (1/2 a can is one serving) and something on the side if I'm still hungry and the rest of the soup can be tomorrow's lunch. The soups are tasty, I save money and it's even been part of my weight loss regime. Well, keeping my portions to one serving has been the key really. Progresso has just been an easy way to accomplish it without breaking the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment